Monday 14 January 2013

Stuffed Zucchini


One of the nicest pleasures of being involved with the community garden is the introduction of new recipes to my repertoire. 

For example, I have never before had access to humongous sized zucchini's before!! So when we picked them I'm like "what do you do with these babies???" I was then informed that one could stuff and bake them so I gave it a go.

For this particular recipe I made it up.

Ingredients

  • A very big zucchini
  • onion
  • Tin of tuna
  • rice
  • tin or fresh tomatoes
  • egg
  • herbs
  • veggie stock
  • cheese

The how too


  • boil rice
  • fry onion
  • mix tuna, rice, tomatoes, egg, onions into a bowl
  • scrape seeds out of zucchini and make a nice little canoe
  • pop mixed ingredients into the zucchini
  • top with grated cheese
  • pop onto a preheated oven 180deg
  • Depending on how you like it, give it 50min or if your like me bake it until the zucchini is soft
There you go, I hope this is clear enough!!







No comments:

Post a Comment